Thank you readers
I just got a phone call from a friend who read my book and they loved it. We discussed the intricacies and the characters, and she wants to know more about Amber-May and Bluey and Mac. Well, I think that can be arranged.
It's wonderful to know people enjoy reading your story as much as you enjoy writing. Thank you readers.
Bob's Christmas Shortbread
We tried it - it's easy to make and delicious.
Shortbread is often associated with Christmas, but make it an extra Christmassy treat by adding cherries, chocolate and a hint of almond. These colourful Christmas biscuits are easy to make, not too sweet and great as a homemade gift.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 - 12 minutes
Yield: 12 – 14 biscuits
1/2 cup butter- room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond essence
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
2/3 cup glace cherries-chopped (a mixture of red and green for the season)
1/3 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate – but you can try white or dark)
1. Mix our and salt, set aside
2. Cream 1 cup unsalted softened butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar, mix in vanilla.
3. Add our and salt mixture and mix until it starts forming larger clumps.
4. Mix in chocolate chips and maraschino cherries.
5. Form the dough into the log and press it well or it will crumble when you slice the cookies, the log should be about 5 cm (2 inch) thick. Wrap it in the plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 160 C (325 F) and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Cut the log into 6-8 millimetres (1/4 or 1/3 inch) thick slices and place them onto baking sheet with approximately 2.5 centimetres (1 inch) of space between.
Note: if the dough crumbles, press it back together with your hands
8. Bake the cookies 10 – 12 minutes (until they just start to turn lightly golden brown on top)
9. Let them cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet before transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
Download the recipe to print.
Lost Angels and a new recipe
The first of the seasonal short stories 'Lost Angels' is now available on Amazon as an e-book.
A post-Christmas gathering in the magnificent Washburn Estate gardens is just the relaxation the shop owners of Thornbury need after the Christmas rush, but it could turn into a tragedy. With a little angelic help Nettie manages to avert history from repeating.
During the Christmas decoration intervention at the beginning of the story, Bob came into Nettie's Knit shop with a new recipe - Christmas Shortbread.
Nettie is getting the recipe to try for herself and it will share it on this website in the coming week - the first week of January 2020.
Reader first, writer second, enjoys sun, good food & wine.